Friday 9 September 2011

The beginning...

Dear Holly,

Where have you been all my life?

Your gorgeous little squinty, newborn eyes opened to the world for the first time just over nine months ago and you've impacted on our lives in a wonderful and lasting way ever since.

Before you there was... Well, there was all sorts of stuff. There was growing up, there was school, young friends, University, first jobs, career progression, falling in love, heartbreak, starting again and falling in love again. This time properly. That's when I met your Daddy. And while my story before that point means an awful amount to me - after all, it shaped me into the person I am today) - it's been the journey since meeting your Daddy that has fulfilled me in a way that I never dreamed possible. You see, he joined me on our course towards you. We created you, together. Without him, you would not be the tiny bundle of incredible, amazing joy and love that you are.

And I thank your Daddy with all my heart for that. For you.

And now, since November 2010, there is you. You challenge me, you amaze me, you make my heart swell with pride, you make me laugh, you make me worry, you turn my world upside down, you are the most amazing little creature I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

I've decided to start this blog to write to you and tell you about your amazing life, your development and your awesome impact on our lives. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up for but I'll do my very best to leave a record for you to look back on when you're older and see how you brought love, delight and joy to the lives of me and your Daddy every day of your little life.

We love you angel




No comments:

Post a Comment